Updated 19th January 2021
Swim Ireland Masters Committee are delighted to announce a virtual swim league, open to all competitive Swim Ireland members 19 years upwards.
In light of an additional lockdown period imposed, the Masters Committee have revised the Swim League as follows:
- Swimmers will have an opportunity to submit their swims on a monthly basis, in any stroke.
- Virtual Swim League has been extended until 31st August 2021.
- Entries should be submitted by the 5th of each month, results and ranking will be published on the 10th.
- Swimmers completing at least 1 event in a month will be in with a chance of winning a monthly spot prize, €50 Swimkit voucher.
- To further encourage Masters swimmers to try out a variety of events and distances a Rewards Scheme has been introduced. See below for further details.
Complete the online submission form before the 5th of each month.
The top 10 swimmers per age group will receive points for their club. The top ranked club at the end of the Swim League will receive “Virtual Swim League 2021” Club Trophy.
Complete a number of different events to qualify for Swim Ireland Masters branded rewards. Rewards will be posted to swimmers at the end of the Virtual Swim League. Swim Ireland reserve the right to amend or change the rewards.
- 3 events – swim hat
- 6 events – water bottle
- 10 events – chunky beanie
- 14+ events – towel
Swimmers intending to enter the 2021 Decathlon Award can use times from the Virtual Swim League 2021. More details of this are available on https://irishmastersswimming.ie/swim-ireland-masters-decathlon/
Rules and Conditions
- FINA rules apply for all events
- Swimmers must have a Swim Ireland competitive membership
- Swimmers may only represent one club
- Regional, National, and International records cannot be claimed using times from the Virtual Swim League
- All times need to be recorded by stopwatch or electronic timing if available
- Long Course times should be converted to Short Course Meters using the Swim Swam time converter. (Events can be swum in SCM, LCM) https://swimswam.com/swimming-times-conversion-tool/
- Swimmers will be ranked by age group and gender
- Entries must be submitted online by 5th of each month