We know it is frustrating and disappointing to have started 2021 without swimming pools, our sports effectively stopped for the foreseeable future. But we also know that this will end, and that all members can emerge renewed with the right support.
To keep you motivated and engaged Swim Ireland and the Masters Committee have been working on a club support menu. Check out the links below for more information.
Online Strength and Conditioning for Masters
Swim Ireland Masters have teamed up with Niamh Buffini of Buff Performance to offer a tailored 6-week Strength and Conditioning programme to Masters swimmers.
The aim of the programme is to increase cardio fitness, improve fundamental movement and mobility, with a focus on core strengthening.
The programme is subsidised by Swim Ireland Masters, costing just €30 for 12 live workouts, with 6 additional pre-recorded sessions.
Virtual Workshop Series
The first in the workshop series covered Freestyle with Enniskillen Lakelanders, Head Coach Aaron Rickhuss, with over 50 Masters swimmers in attendance. The workshop series continues this month with Nutrition and Lifestyle on 27th January. For more details click here.
Virtual Swim League
In light of an additional lockdown period imposed, the Masters Committee have revised the Swim League as follows:
- Swimmers will have an opportunity to submit their swims on a monthly basis, in any stroke.
- Virtual Swim League has been extended until 31st August 2021.
- Entries should be submitted by the 5th of each month, results and ranking will be published on the 10th.
- Swimmers completing at least 1 event in a month will be in with a chance of winning a monthly spot prize, €50 Swimkit voucher.
- To further encourage Masters swimmers to try out a variety of events and distances a Rewards Scheme has been introduced.
More details HERE